Vital Statistics


Please be aware that as of December 1, 2023 The City of Rahway Department of Health will NO LONGER be accepting cash. 

All fee's must be paid by Check or Money Order.

Vital Records

The Office of Vital Statistics for The City of Rahway registers vital events and maintains the following vital records:

  • Birth records starting at 1921
  • Marriage records starting at 1931
  • Death records starting at 1931
  • Domestic partnership records starting at 2004
  • Civil union records starting at 2007


New Jersey Divorce Decrees are available through the Superior Court of NJ Records Center for year 2013 and prior. For more information on obtaining a certified copy of a divorce decree, call The Records Center at 609-421-6100.
You can also visit their website at

For Divorce Decrees that are not housed at the RIC in Trenton, years 2014 to current, contact the Family Division of the County in which the divorce took place.  

  1. Health_Red_Black

    Andrea Alvare

    Director/Health Officer

  1. Amanda Figueiredo, CMR

    Local Registrar, ABC Board Secretary

  1. Lilibeth Rivera, CMR

    Deputy Registrar
    Additional Phone: 732-827-2085

Vital records are also available from the NJDOH. Please note that if your event did not occur in The City of Rahway, We will not have your records.  You will need to contact the municipality in which the event occurred. Here is information for all Local Vital Records Offices in the state of New Jersey.

For information about historical vital records, visit the State Archives web page. The Archives maintains copies of births from 1921-1923, marriages from 1931-1948, and deaths from 1931-1960. These materials are available for in-person use only.

Visit the Center for Health Statistics web page for statistical information on vital events in New Jersey.

Visit the National Center for Health Statistics for information on how to request vital records from other states/jurisdictions.

Note: New Jersey law protects and restricts the release of vital records. Vital records are not public records and cannot be searched online.